The Celestron NexStar Star Locating Telescope (SLT) is engineered with, preassembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods, and quick release fork arms and tubes. NexStar SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes. No tools required! You can see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and its four Galilean moons, Saturn with its rings plainly visible, and much more! Most NexStar SLTs can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. Remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button, you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed (nine speeds), view fascinating information about an object, or know if the desired object is visible in the sky.
At the heart of the Celestron Next Star 90 SLT, is a quality 90 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with an aperture of 90 mm (3.54 inches). With a long focal ratio of f/13.89 and a focal length of 1250 mm (49.21 inches), this telescope also features multi-coated high-quality Celestron optics and makes use of a rack and pinion style focuser. The whole system (including the drive and computer units) is easy to transport and easy to use!
To use its SkyAlign technology, simply input the date, time, your location (the CPC models have built-in GPS that does this for you), and then align the telescope to three bright stars of your choosing. You do not need to know the names of the stars, you could even pick the Moon or bright planets! The NexStar Computer system will automatically figure out which stars were chosen and then align the telescope. There is no need to point the telescope North or to level the optical tube; the initial position of the telescope is irrelevant. This makes for a fast and very easy method for aligning the telescope.
Celestron NexStar 90 SLT Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope on GoTo Mount Features
- High quality 90 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope on a fully computerized altazimuth mount.
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects.
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray for quick no tool set up.
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" astronomy software, which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology with a database that allows the telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects.
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process.
- Flash upgradeable software for the hand control and motor control units, for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use and an auxiliary port for additional accessories such as a GPS accessory.
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable).
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
Celestron Product Number: 22087