- 42 mm (1.65 Inch) Aperture Binoculars
- Magnifies by 8 Times
- Fully Multi-Coated BaK4 Glass Prisms
- Harness Strap
- Waterproof and Fogproof
Celestron Granite 8x42 Binoculars - Roof
This 8x42 size of the Celestron Granite Series Roof Prism Binocular feature ED glass and good performance in lowlight situations. These 8x magnification 42 mm aperture binoculars are the pinnacle of optical and mechanical design, they stand up well against the much more expensive European and higher end Japanese manufactured binoculars at a fraction of their cost - a real value!
Granite Binoculars feature ED glass and deliver edge-to-edge sharpness with excellent color correction and razor sharp images while virtually eliminating chromatic aberration. They give you a true-to-life color balance.
State-of-the-art modern open frame style provides an excellent grip and is comfortable to handle (even single handed) with the reduced weight.
The body is made of magnesium which is much lighter than aluminum and more rugged and tough for handling in any environment.
They are a mid-sized binocular, small and light, which makes them perfect for travel. Ergonomically they are easier steady to hold for long periods of time.
The Eyecups are Metal Twist-Up. This makes them more durable and gives them a longer lifespan than plastic eyecups. They will be less susceptible to breaking. You can twist them up for the correct positioning of each user's eyes and comfort, even if they are sporting eyewear.
The Waterproof Construction of the binocular provides the ability for continued use when the unexpected weather event rolls-in. The housing is also filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging when moving between extreme temperatures or if you are in damp conditions.
Remember to bring them along for:
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife and Nature Viewing
- Sporting Events
- Astronomical Viewing
They are good for Low Light, Extended Use, and Changing Weather Conditions.
Celestron Granite 8x42 Binoculars Features
- Fully Broadband Multi-Coatings: provide maximum light transmission with the highest levels of contrast. Provide superb natural color fidelity and vivid color saturation.
- BaK-4 Prisms with High Reflectivity Coatings and Phase Coated:the high-grade prisms allow for sharp images and the reflectivity coatings increase the throughput transmission to provide the brightest possible images. The phase coatings correct out-of-phase color-splitting and reassembling.
- Eco-Friendly: lead and arsenic free
- Focus Knob, Diopter Ring, and Twist-Up Eyecups: made of metal for long life and precision movement.
- Binocular Harness Strap: provided in addition to the standard deluxe binocular strap, the premium harness strap takes the strain off of your neck and distributes the weight load of the binoculars to your shoulders and torso.
- Carrying Case
- Weighs only 24 ounces
OPT Product Number: CE-71370
- Celestron Granite ED 8x42 Binocular
- Soft-sided carrying case
- Neck strap
- Harness strap
- Objective lens caps
- Eyepiece caps
- Rain guard
- Lens cloth
- Instruction manual
- Celestron's Limited Lifetime Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.