Celestron Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope
Celestron Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope
This is the Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope. It has an objective of 65 mm (2.56-inch) aperture with a 16 to 24x magnification Zoom Eyepiece.
The Regal M2 spotting scope series is the next generation of our top-performing Regal F-ED spotting scopes. Day or night, the Regal M2 is optimized to provide the sharpest images available. You'll love them for bird watching, nature observing, long distance viewing and casual astronomical observing.
These top-of-the-line spotting scopes provide all the advanced features usually found on more expensive scopes, including Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass. The series boasts a magnesium alloy body, decreasing the overall weight of the spotting scopes by more than 14-percent when compared to the previous model. The new M2 scopes also include an upgraded dual focus mechanism, allowing you to bring your subject into focus two times faster.
Regal M2 is fully waterproof and nitrogen-purged to prevent fogging. It's available in a new green color and comes with a carrying case so you can bring it with you anywhere.
If you're interested in photographing your discoveries, Regal is a perfect choice. Attach your camera to the Regal using a T-Ring and the included T-Adapter to produce stunning images! The Regal M2 spotter is a great companion for any outdoor enthusiast.
Celestron Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope Features...ED Objective Lens:
- Minimizes chromatic aberration, accurate color reproduction, increased resolution and contrast.
XLT Coatings (Fully Multi-Coated Optics):
- Proprietary XLT lens coatings maximize light transmission through the optical path for brighter images and increased resolution and contrast.
Magnesium Alloy Body:
- This material is strong and durable, but lighter weight than traditional aluminum alloy housings.
- Course focus for rough adjustment and fine focus for detailed adjustment. New quicker focusing mechanism.
Rotating tripod mount with detents:
- Place the orientation of the eyepiece in the best viewing position for application.
16x-48x Zoom Eyepiece:
- Adjustable magnification, giving you a wide field of view for general viewing and detailed up close viewing when needed. Twist-up eyecup for correct positioning of the user's eyes for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. The standard 1.25 Inch eyepiece mount allows a variety of astronomical eyepieces to be used with the spotting scope.
- T-adapter ring included for easy 35 mm/ digital SLR photography.
- Sliding sunshade with sighting line keeps out stray light and keeps moisture off of the objective lens. Sighting line aids in finding the subject you want to bring into view.
Some of the Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope Specifications...
- Aperture: 65 mm
- Magnification: 16x to 48x
- Angular Field of View: 2.5-degrees to 1.3-degrees
- Linear Field of View at 1,000 Yards: 131-feet (16x); 68-feet (48x)
- Exit Pupil: 4 mm to 1.3 mm
- Eye Relief: 20 mm
- Close Focus: 16.4-feet
- Prism Glass: BaK-4
- Optical Coatings: XLT (Fully Multi-Coated)
- Weight: 46.8-ounces
- Dimensions: 13.1 x 3.75 x 4.6-inches
OPT Product Number: CE-52304
|Aperture||65 mm (2.56")|
|Body Shape||45 degrees Angled|
|Eyepiece Option||Fixed/ Single Power|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Weight||46.8 oz. (2.925 pounds)|
- Regal M2 65 mm ED Spotting Scope
- Soft Carrying Case
- Zoom Eyepiece/ 16x to 48x
- T-Adapter Ring
- Scope/Objective Lens Cap and Mount Cap
- Eyepiece Lens Cap and Cover
- Lens Cloth
- Instruction Manual
- Celestron Limited Lifetime Warranty
Awesome Scope For Differing Reasons
The great things about this scope is that it is very clear and sharp. But since I am not rolling in $, the most important thing to me is the price. OPT has the best price out there and I just wish I had found their website earlier. I probably would have saved a lot of $ if I had used them before buying things on some of the other sites. I got the smallest spotting scope Celestron offered because I didn't want to be toting a lot of weight around at the range which is why I bought this scope in the first place. I also took special notice that this scope has ED glass which makes it a great selling point for the brightness and clearness of the glass lenses. I only wish Celestron made rifle scopes and they incorporate ED glass into these scopes. I do believe they would be selling a lot of them if the build quality is there and the warranty is "iron clad". Maybe time will be their motivation to do so and I can only hope they will eventually get into rifle scopes. I am sure that rifle scope manufacturing is in depth and very technical so their first attempts may or may not be their best efforts. I also hope they read this and take me up on the idea eventually! Heh heh!
A little on the heavy side and the eye relief is less than what I expected. Great glass - images are very clear.