ATIK Titan Color CCD Camera
Atik Titan CCD Camera - Sony ICX424 Color Sensor
As a deep sky camera, the Atik Titan has a remarkable 5 electron read-noise in deep sky mode, which is better than many astro-cameras costing thousands of dollars. The low read-noise allows faint detail to be teased out of the Titan's images. The Atik Titan also features advanced cooling for long-exposure imaging.
As a guide camera, the Atik Titan's mix of high sensitivity and high frame rates makes it an ideal high end guide camera. It sports a standard ST-4 type guide socket on the back for direct connection to a mount. Guiding can be performed through Atik's included Capture software or programs like Maxim DL, AstroArt and CCD-Soft.
Also included is "Dawn" - Atik's new image processing software. Like Atik cameras, it was designed from the ground up to be powerful, yet easy to use. It allows a sequence of image processing steps to be represented in the form a a pictorial work-flow which can be created with a few mouse clicks and can be executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.
About the Sony ICX424AL Sensor
This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. High sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the adoption of the HAD (Hole- Accumulation Diode) sensors. This chip is suitable for applications such as FA and surveillance cameras.
Sony ICX424AL Sensor Features
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels.
- High vertical resolution (480 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Square pixel
- Supports VGA format
- Horizontal drive frequency: 24.54MHz
- No voltage adjustments (reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted.)
- High resolution, high sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Low smear
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Horizontal register: 5.0V drive
- 16-pin high precision plastic package (enables dual-surface standard)
- Interline CCD image sensor
- Image size: Diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3)
- Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) x 494 (V) approx. 330K pixels
- Total number of pixels: 692 (H) x 504 (V) approx. 350K pixels
- Chip size: 5.79mm (H) x 4.89mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 7.4 micrometers (H) x 7.4 micrometers (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels - Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16 - Vertical 5
- Substrate material: Silicon
Atik Product Number: A3-TITAN-C
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I was looking at a good entry level CCD and your Titan was recommended. Is there a users manual to the unit setup and software manual available so I can see what I would be getting myself into. I've never used a CCD or even seen the software that captures
The manual for the Atik Titan can be found here: http://3ainmfntxe31vi9qd1pxgpd1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AtikTitanManual.pdf. Please look this over and let us know if you have any more questions prior to making your decision.