- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX814ALG
- Horizontal Resolution: 3380 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 2704 pixels
- Pixel Size: 3.69 micrometers x 3.69 micrometers
ATIK 490EX Monochrome CCD Camera
The Atik 490EX is the highest resolution Atik to date, and one of the most flexible ones. Featuring the latest generation Sony EXview HAD CCD II technology in an area over twice as large than before, this camera has an outstanding Quantum Efficiency, very low noise and excellent thermal management. This model is an ideal match not only for Hyperstar systems, but also most small to midsize telescopes used by astrophotographers. It's excellent sensitivity and the possibility of binning while maintaining high pixel counts, makes it one of the best cameras for deep-sky astrophotography, with unrivalled flexibility.
The Atik 490EX fully supports 1.25 inch filters down to f/2, so you won't need to replace any of your current investment in wheel or filters. This is an added advantage when looking to invest in a CCD camera that may go through multiple telescopes.
The Atik-4 Series cameras are a development of the renowned 3-Series cameras, featuring better cooling and narrower body. They benefit from setpoint cooling to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation. The impressive sensitivity, great cooling and narrow profile, make the Atik Series 4 outstanding CCD cameras to use on modern telescopes, including Hyperstar/Fastar systems.
- ADC: 16-bit
- Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 1A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 1/1000 s
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max T= -25 degrees C
- Backfocus: 13mm
- Weight: 14.1 oz.
OPT Product Number: A3-490M
- ATIK 490 Camera Body
- Sony ICX814ALG Monochrome Sensor
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.