ATIK 4000 Large-Format Color CCD Camera
Atik 4000 Large-Format CCD Camera - Color Kodak KAI-04022 Sensor
While the other cameras in the ATIK range use Sony sensors, the Large-Format cameras incorporate Kodak devices. These have gained a great reputation in astrophotography and offer qualities not available in the Sony CCDs. However, optimum performance from the Kodak chips is only obtained with the use of highly sophisticated control electronics and advanced cooling systems, and this is where ATIK's expertise in design and build comes to the forefront.
The Kodak sensors require dark frames to be used for calibration, and these must be taken at the same temperature as the primary image. The ATIK 4000 achieves this through the provision of full, set-point, temperature regulation using a two-stage Peltier element and fan. This can provide cooling to 40 degrees below ambient and will be suitable for the majority of conditions.
For more demanding use, water can be pumped though the camera's internal heat exchanger. When water cooling is employed, the maximum amount of cooling depends on the water temperature, with approximately 45 degrees of cooling being available using water from a typical cold tap.
Such efficient cooling cuts thermal noise to an absolute minimum and reduces the prevalence of hot pixels, but it raises the risk of condensation forming in or on the camera. A high-efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber, preventing internal condensation, while condensation on the outside of the camera is avoided with the use of heater elements which gently warm the window. The power supplied to this heater is controllable through software so that it can be adapted to the environmental conditions.
The ATIK Large-Format cameras have been designed and built to fulfil the needs of the most demanding users, while offering an unparalleled simplicity of use. The cameras have only two sockets - a 2.1mm socket for the 12V power supply and a USB2 port for communicating with the computer - and they are compatible with our highly acclaimed Capture software as well as Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
Atik 4000 Large-Format CCD Camera Features
- Camera body with 2 inch adapter
- 3 meter USB cable
- 1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
- universal (110-230V) power adapter is included
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
- Quick start guide (printed)
Kodak KAI-04022 Imaging Sensor Features
- Maximum Frame Rates: 8 fps (single output) 16 fps (dual output) - Image Lag: <10 e - Smear: -80 dB - Blooming Suppression: 300X
- Dark Current: < 0.5 nA/cm2 - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7 degrees C
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: > 0.99999 - Charge Capacity: 40,000 electrons - Number of Outputs: 1 or 2
- Active Image Size: 15.15mm (H) x 15.15mm (V) 21.43mm (diagonal) - Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Peak Quantum Efficiency: 55% - Readout Noise (f=10MHz): 9 electrons, rms
- Package Type: 34 pin CerDIP - Cover Glass: AR Coated, 2 side
Camera SeriesAtik 4000
Operating System CompatibilityWindows
Sensor ManufacturerTruesense formerly Kodak
Single or Dual SensorSingle
Warranty1 Year Warranty
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.