AstroTrac 360 German Equatorial Mount Package
AstroTrac 360 punches above its weight at just 5 kg (11 lb) in GEM configuration. With an imaging instrument capacity of 10 kg (22 lb), it easily handles a 100 mm (4-inches) refractor or 200 mm (8-inch) carbon Ritchey Chretien with the camera.
- Modular design - If you’re shooting with a 400 mm camera lens or a small telescope, leave the counterweights at home. A unique sliding mechanism enables balance without counterweights.
- Advanced Friction Drive - Ultimate precision. Super smooth. Zero backlash. More efficient than worm gears so less power required.
- Tracking Performance - Built-in premium Renishaw optical encoders guarantee high precision tracking all night long. Long unguided exposures at 400 mm focal length or more are now a reality with a typical unguided tracking error of fewer than 5 arcseconds over 15 minutes. Enjoy big mount performance at longer focal lengths with the ST-4 autoguide port.
- Pointing - Raw encoder accuracy better than 60 arcseconds over 360 degrees ensures your camera will be centered on your target.
- Secure Polar Scope - The entirely re-engineered all metal polar scope snaps firmly into the AstroTrac 360.
- Reticle Illumination - Dimmable built-in LEDs illuminate the new AstroTrac 360 polar scope reticle, so there’s no need for cables or additional batteries.
- Collimation - Swing the right ascension drive through 180 degrees and use the polar scope adjusters to ensure the polar scope is perfectly collimated for precise polar alignment.
- Wifi Control - Works out of the box with popular 3rd party software such as SkySafari and TheSkyX. No dongles required.
|Drive Type||Advanced Friction Drive|
|Encoder Type||Renishaw Optical Encoders|
|Head Design||Single Arm Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||22 lbs|
|Mount Design||German Equatorial|
|Ports||4 Autoguide Port|
|Telescope Connection||Not Included|
|Tracking Accuracy||5 Arcseconds|