AstroTrac Complete Travel System - DISCONTINUEDSerious astrophotography on the move is now easier than ever before with the unique ultra portable AstroTrac Travel System. Now you can take your digital SLR camera and small telescope anywhere you choose.
You can now capture great images of a huge variety of objects more quickly and easily than ever before with the new improved AstroTrac TT320X AutoGuiding equatorial mount. It's the perfect match for easy-to-use DSLR cameras, providing an alternative to complex, heavy equipment and long learning curves. It can be surprising how you can significantly increase the amount of astrophotography you do by making the most of small windows in the weather.
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking
- Weighs just 2.2 pounds (or 1 kg), .2 pounds lighter than the TT320X
- 33 pound (15 kg) load capacity!
The drive mechanics give the AstroTrac TT320X-AG unguided tracking accuracy which has to be seen to be believed. You can easily capture pin sharp stars at focal lengths of 500mm or more. The only other mounts which can match the unguided tracking accuracy of the Astro Track TT320X-AG cost many thousands more. Most DSLR camera exposures are around 5 minutes or less. The TT320X- AG has typical unguided tracking error of around 5 arc seconds peak-to-peak or better over a 5 minute period.
Each AstroTrac TT320X AG unit is individually calibrated at the factory, so the tracking rate is exactly right. You don't need to waste time measuring and adjusting the tracking rate to make sure its running at just the right speed to prevent trailed stars.
The AstroTrac TT320X AG is remarkably compact - its roughly as long and as wide as your forearm. Put it in your suitcase or your computer bag and take it with you whenever you travel.
The ultra portable TT320X -AG weighs only 1 kg (2.2 lb). Extensive CNC light weighting of the major components makes the TT320X- AG 0.1 kg (0.2 lb) lighter than the TT320X. When you are planning your next trip, you'll be hoping to carry the minimum equipment and get the maximum results.
Despite its minimal weight, the TT320X can easily carry 15 kg (33 lb) of cameras, lenses and telescopes, and you don't need to worry about dragging around large power supplies with you, either. The AstroTrac TT320X-AG draws minimal power, so you get around 10 hours tracking from a set of 8 AA cells. AA cells also have the advantage of being available just about anywhere in the world.
More Highlights of the AstroTrac TT320X-AG...
If hydrogen alpha is your thing, the TT320X- AG is the perfect companion to popular solar scopes like the Coronado PST or most Lunt H-alpha solar telescopes.
- The TT320X- AG comes with 2 hours sidereal, solar and lunar rate tracking as standard, opening up an even wider range of targets to you.
- The TT320X is easily polar aligned during the day for visual observation and photography of the Sun.
- Capture the beauty of the moon through its ever changing phases and majestic eclipses with the built in lunar tracking mode.
- Maximum enjoyment comes from taking the hassle out of carrying and setting up equipment, leaving you free to have fun and make the most of the moment.
- Every effort has been made to make the TT320X-AG beautiful as well as functional. The aluminum is hand brushed by a skilled craftsman and then anodized by a Rolls Royce approved company to lock in the beautiful finish and provide scratch and weather resistant for use in the field.
- The TT320X-AG is engineered to strict tolerances to give you optimum tracking accuracy and the reliability needed for years of use.
- All the components are machined at the Bristol UK based AstroTrac factory for optimum control over quality, using state of the art Haas CNC machining centers.
- The majority of components are made from aerospace-grade 6082 T6 aluminum for strength and light weight.
- All nuts, screws and hardware are made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- The printed circuit boards are robotically manufactured in the UK to the highest standards using environmentally friendly processes. The TT320X-AG uses two high performance microprocessors running at 20 and 16 million instructions per second.
- At the heart of the TT320X-AG is the precision motor and screw assembly which is manufactured in the US to AstroTrac's rigorous specification. The screw is an integral part of the motor to minimize periodic error.
- The screw is protected by a transparent screw guard, which is made from polycarbonate, a material commonly used for bullet proof glass and riot shields.
- Quality bearings are essential for smooth, accurate movement, so the TT320X-AG uses precision ball and needle roller bearings throughout.
- The AstroTrac's high load capacity and rigidity is achieved by a unique preload mechanism which takes up any play in the main bearings.
AstroTrac TT320X-AG Specifications...
- Weight: 1 kg (2.2 lb) - Load Capacity: 15 kg (33 lb)
- Operating Voltage: 12 Volts DC (power supply not included) - Current: approximately 0.25 Amps - Power: approximately 3 Watts
- Size (closed): 43 mm x 95 mm x 425 mm (17.2" x 3.4" x 1.7")
- Tracking Rates: sidereal, solar, lunar - Duration: approximately 2 hours - Accuracy: Typically 5 arc seconds peak-to-peak over 5 minutes
- Autoguiding in right ascension with ST-4 compatible autoguider.
- Rewind Time: approximately 1.5 minutes - Mounting Threads: standard photo 3/8" 16 tpi
There's nothing more annoying than trying to aim a red flashlight at precisely the right angle down the polar scope tube without blinding yourself with red light. The built in illumination shines red light onto the reticle markings helping you get polar aligned quickly and easily. The red LED is powered by two small LR41 buttons cells ensuring there are no wires to snag in the dark.
The TT320X's unique fold away polar scope arm enables you to position the polar scope clear of your equipment with sight of the alignment stars in the sky. For accurate polar alignment, the polar scope needs to be held parallel to the axis of rotation of the TT320X. The AstroTrac polar scope is secured flush with the polar arm by powerful magnets ensuring perfect alignment and ease of rotation.
Your AstroTrac needs to be pointing true north. Hold your compass square against the AstroTrac and adjust in azimuth until the compass needle indicates magnetic north. Don't forget to allow for magnetic variation by adjusting your compass bezel first. You can find the correction on most maps or by searching on the Internet.You also need to have your AstroTrac angled so that the angle it makes with the horizontal corresponds to your latitude. For example - if you are at a latitude of 52 degrees, the TT320X will need to be angled at 52 degrees to the horizontal. Provided your tripod is level, you can use the latitude scale on your tripod head or alternatively you can use a plumb line and protractor held against the underside of the TT320X.
Are you ready to mount up? Then let's go...
The ultra compact TH3010 mount head makes it easy to mount telescopes on your TT320X. Carrying up to ten times its own weight, framing the perfect shot is easy with the TH3010. For maximum rigidity, the TH3010 is quickly mounted to the TT320X with three supplied 4 mm stainless steel screws. Alternatively, if you want to do a bit of visual observing, you can simply mount the TH3010 straight onto your camera tripod using the 3/8 inch camera threaded hole in the base.
Tight machining tolerances ensure you'll enjoy silky smooth motion in both axes as you frame your target for the perfect shot. Specially made stainless steel and aluminum locking knobs with fine pitch aerospace threads provide secure locking when carrying large loads. A wide variety of telescope mounting plates can be attached to the TH3010 including the popular Vixen and Losmandy quick release dovetail systems. Let us help you select the right dovetail bar and clamp for your telescope.
The TH3010 mount head is perfectly matched to the AstroTrac Travel System and can also be used with any photo tripod equipped with a standard 3/8" photo thread. Contact us to check compatibility with your equipment. Thanks to its compact size, the TH3010 can be easily carried in your airline luggage. Get your holiday or vacation off to a great start by avoiding costly excess baggage charges. Weighing just 4 kg (8.8 lb), of which 2 kg (4.4 lb) is the counterweights, you'll be pleasantly suprised by how little space and baggage allowance your TH3010 takes up.
The silky smooth anodized aerospace alloy is perfectly complimented by the unique polished AstroTrac stainless steel knobs. You can be confident that the all stainless steel counterweight bar and counterweights will give you many years of corrosion free reliability and handling pleasure. The TH3010 is manufactured with loving care by highly skilled engineers at AstroTrac's factory in the UK using state-of-the-art CNC machinery.
Now let's set the angle...
The stylish TW3100 wedge sets a new standard for high strength compact equatorial wedges. Able to carry up to fifteen times its own weight, now you can realize the full potential of your TT320X with larger lenses and telescopes. When you've got clear skies, perfect framing, and pin-sharp focus, the last thing you need is flexure spoiling your image. The unique patent pending design of the TW3100 wedge provides a rigid platform for your imaging equipment whilst retaining true portability. The AstroTrac TT320X is quickly and easily mounted to the TW3100 with three 4 mm stainless steel mounting screws supplied with the wedge.
The TW3100 can be used with any photo tripod equipped with a standard 3/8" photo thread. Contact us to check compatibility with your equipment. Specially made stainless steel adjustment and locking knobs with fine pitch aerospace threads give smooth and precise altitude and azimuth adjustment even under large load. The TW3100 can be easily carried in your airline luggage thanks to its compact size. Get your holiday or vacation off to a great start by avoiding costly excess baggage charges. Weighing just 2.2 lb (1 kg), you'll be pleasantly surprised by how little space and baggage allowance your TW3100 takes up.
With a latitude range of more than 90 degrees you can use the TW3100 from pole to equator. The easy-to-read latitude scale has 15 degree coarse increments and infinite fine adjustment via the conveniently located altitude adjustment knob at the rear. The built in bubble level makes precise leveling easy, saving you time during polar alignment.
The silky smooth anodized aerospace alloy is perfectly complimented by the unique polished AstroTrac stainless steel knobs. The overall experience is as pleasing to the touch as it is to the eye, designed to give you many years of corrosion free reliability and handling pleasure. The TW3100 is manufactured with loving care by highly skilled engineers at AstroTrac's factory in the UK using state-of-the-art CNC machinery.
Now, let's take a long walk on a short tripod...
The AstroTrac Complete Travel System comes with an ideally suited Berlebach tripod made of high quality wood, perfect for use with the rest of the AstroTrac system.
Now we just need to power up!
The TT320X will run off eight AA alkaline cells for around 10 hours. Alkaline cells can be easily carried on aircraft and also have the advantage of being readily available across the planet. Please note that the battery holder is designed for alkaline cells, not rechargeable cells. NiCAD or NiMH rechargeable cells are typically rated at 1.2 V each, so 8 cells will only give 9.6 V, which is insufficient to drive the TT320X.