This CLS filteris a budget filter for visual observation, Black & White photography and CCD photographs of nebulae, galaxies, and star clusters with astronomical instruments of any size.
Why a CLS filter?
CLS filters block the light of the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps and lets the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass. All the important emission lines, as well as the spectral region that the very well dark adapted eye can see, can pass through the filter.
Get 20 second exposures with JPEG data directly out of the camerawithout any further processing. (Standard setting: Canon EOS 6D astro-modified, ISO 6400, Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM at 24 mm/4)
The filters are optimized for use with aperture ratios from 1:3 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which are problems with other filters, only appear with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are used. The CLS filter is suitable for use with telescopes of all aperture sizes.
- Visual observation (dark skies): Good, to reduce light pollution by mercury-vapor lamps (streetlight)
- Visual observation (urban skies): Good, an UHC-E or UHC filter is more suitable
- Film photography: Very good, color balance is near perfect
- CCD photography: Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- DSLR photography (original): Good, color balance shifted but contrast enhanced
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, color balance is near perfect
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Very good, if light pollution is a big problem
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta).
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (O-iii).
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (O-iii).
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha).
- pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters.
- Glass thickness: 1 mm.
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects.
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box.
- Since 2008 Astronomik filters have a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past.