Astronomik Clear (MC) Filter - 50mm Square Unmounted
Astronomik Clear Filter - 50mm Square Unmounted
This multi-coated Clear (MC) filter serves as dust protector or to keep your system parfocal with other Astronomik filters. This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera). As the filter doesn’?????????t modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn’?????????t alter the colors. It’?????????s great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
The Astronomik Clear Filter is made with the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system. They can be used as a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera, and as an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements. (You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements.
- Visual observation (dark skies): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Visual observation (urban skies): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Film photography: Reasonable, for dust protection only
- CCD photography: Good, to compensate the optical thickness (parfocal with other Astronomik filters); dust protection
- DSLR photography (original): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Reasonable, for dust protection only
Astronomik Multi-Coated Clear Filter Features....
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
Picture shows an Astronomik 50mm square unmounted Luminance filter so you can see the format. The product you will receive is the same size and shape, but it is a Clear filter.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.