Astro-Physics 6x7 Outer Bayonet Adapter for AP 2.7" Thread
An Adapter for Your 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Lens to Your Astroimaging Camera!
Astro-Physics 6x7 Outer Bayonet Adapter for AP 2.7" Thread
This 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Adapter by Astro-Physics greatly increases the versatility and functionality of your imaging system. It was designed to couple larger format CCD cameras like the SBIG STL series and full frame DSLR's (such as Canon and Nikon) to focusers and accessories that have the female Astro-Physics 2.7-inch thread. These include all Astro-Physics focusers, any other focuser that has an adapter with their 2.7-inch female thread, large Celestron and Meade SCTs with Astro-Physics' AP-ADASCTLC27 and AP-ADASCTLM27 adapters or the Photo-Visual Telecompressor (AP-27TVPH).
These are the advantages:
- Allows the Photo-Visual Telecompressor (AP-27TVPH) to be used with a wide variety of digital and CCD cameras.
- Maintains the full 2.7-inch unobstructed light path and does not vignette. This is particularly useful when combined with the Telecompressor (AP-27TVPH) for connection to cameras.
- Allows rotation for easy framing of your image with hard-coupled configurations to DSLR and CCD cameras.
- Allows the use of the Astro-Physics adapters that were designed for the Pentax 6 x 7 bayonet system (used with Astro-Physics' Field Flatteners) to be used without an Astro-Physics Field Flattener. Important Note: This adapter will no longer fit the outer bayonet of the original Pentax 6 x 7 camera (consider the AP-ADA67P instead).
This adapter has a net spacing distance of 0.20-inch (5.08 mm).
The AP-ADA2767 is black anodized, and the inner 2.7-inch clear opening has knife-edge baffles that are painted flat black. The adapter is approximately 0.85-inch in overall length, but adds just 0.20-inch to the light path.
On the Diagram and General Instructions for Use, there are a full range of accessories and adapters that interface with the AP-ADA2767. These are shown and described on the exploded diagram: 2.7-inch to 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Adapter in PDF format. We suggest that you review this diagram carefully when determining how to best utilize this adapter for your particular imaging needs.
ASTRO-PHYSICS 6 x 7 OUTER BAYONET ADAPTER for Astrophotography and Imaging (AP-ADA2767) for Astro-Physics 2.7" threads
Instructions for use:
- The adapter consists of two parts: A bayonet flange with 2.7-inch male threads, and an outer bayonet locking ring. Screw the male 2.7-inch thread of the AP-ADA2767's bayonet flange into the female 2.7-inch thread of the drawtube, 2.7-inch adapter, 2.7-inch extension or Photo-Visual Telecompressor.
- On the camera side, the bayonet lock ring is first removed from the AP-ADA2767. If you are using the AP-ADA671 or AP-ADA672 - STL Series Camera Adapters, you must put the bayonet lock ring over that adapter before attaching it to your STL camera. Then, set the camera with its attached adapter and the lock ring into the face of the AP-ADA2767 and secure it all with the bayonet lock-ring.
- For all other adapters, you can simply mate the camera’s 6 x 7 style adapter flange to the face of the AP-ADA2767 and then slip the bayonet lock ring over the camera adapter and screw it in place.
- Framing is done by simply loosening the bayonet lock ring a small amount, turning the camera assembly, and then re-tightening the lock ring. Thread all parts together snugly.
---- Note: Cameras and Adapters are not drawn to scale in the diagram below.
- 1. 2.7-inch Focuser or adapter with 2.7-inch Astro-Physics thread (Supplied with AP refractors, including the Traveler and some Ritchey-Chretiens)
- 2. 4-inch Focuser (Supplied with AP refractors, including some Ritchey-Chretiens)
- 3. 2.7-inch to 4-inch Focuser Adapter (AP-A1024), which is included with the focuser or available for individual purchase. Also possible to use the shorter version (AP-A1024-A), also sold separately.
- 4. 10-inch or larger MEADE Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with 3.25-inch back.
- 5. 2.7-inch Adapter Threads onto 3.25-inch Back of 10-inch or Larger Meade SCTs (AP-ADASCTLM27)
- 6. 58 mm filter (optional)
- 7. Photo-Visual Telecompressor (0.75 x) (AP-27TVPH) Threaded for optional 58 mm filters
- 8. Thread-on Extensions for 2.7-inch Focuser. Available in various lengths: 2.5-inch (AP-A1008-A); 1.75-inch (AP-A3502); 1.25-inch (AP-A3504); 0.75-inch (AP-A3503). (optional)
- 9. Gel Filter for 2.7-inch Field Flattener (AP-27GEL1) (optional) CANNOT be used in direct connection to the AP-27TVPH or without an extension 1.25-inch or longer.
- 10. 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Adapter for AP 2.7-inch Thread (AP-ADA2767)
- 11. 2-inch filter for 48 mm thread (optional)
- 12. 35 mm Camera Adapter with T-ring to use with 2.7-inch and 4-inch Field Flatteners (AP-67RT---) Threaded for optional 48 mm filters. Please specify T-ring when ordering.
- 13. SLR Camera Adapter with Large 1.875-inch diameter Canon EOS Bayonet (AP-67RLEOS)
- 14. Adapter to attach STL to 8-position Color Filter Wheel to AP 2.7-inch and 4-inch Field Flatteners and 6 x 7 adapters. (AP-ADA671) Overall length 1.580-inch. This would also be the adapter of choice for attachment to the AP-AO-8 or the AP-AO-L Adaptive Optics. Adapter to attach STL to 5-position Color Filter Wheel to AP 2.7-inch and 4-inch Field Flatteners and 6 x 7 adapters. Overall length 1.93-inch
- 15. (AP-ADA672)
- 16. 0.5-inch CCD Adapter for older SBIG ST configurations with gap-mounted color filter wheel and for use with extensions to create intermediate spacings (AP-A1260). Use with 2.7-inch or 4-inch Field Flattener or with 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Adapter.
- 17. 0.75-inch CCD Adapter for current SBIG ST series cameras with close-coupled color filter wheel and additional applications where 0.75” length is appropriate (AP-A1261). Use with 2.7-inch or 4-inch Field Flattener or with 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Adapter.
- 18. 1.75-inch CCD Adapter for cameras without a color filter wheel (AP-A1262). Use with 2.7-inch or 4-inch Field Flattener or with 6 x 7 Outer Bayonet Adapter.
- 19. 2-inch Adapter with three large thumbscrews and brass locking ring (AP-ADA2003)
- 20. 2_inch/ T-2 Tapered Nosepiece (AP-AP16T)
- 21. 2-inch Adapter for 2.7-inch Focuser to use SCT Accessories (AP-ADA204)
- 22. Pentax 6 x 7 Camera Body AP-AO-8 or the AP-AO-L Adaptive Optics units.
- 23. SLR Camera Body - 35 mm film or Digital
- 24. SBIG STL Camera Body for 5- or 8-position Color Filter Wheel - STL 2-inch nosepiece removed (8-position wheel not shown.) The 2 associated adapters: #14 AP-ADA671 and #15 - AP-ADA672 will also attach to the
- 25. SBIG ST Series CCD camera with Color Filter Wheel with a gap (older configuration)
- 26. SBIG ST Series CCD camera with Color Filter Wheel closely coupled
- 27. SBIG ST Series CCD camera without color filter wheel
- 28. Other CCD cameras with 2-inch SCT thread, i.e.: Finger Lakes, etc.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.