The Antlia SHO filter set is suitable for imaging of emission nebulas, planetary nebulas, and supernova remnants from observation sites with light pollution and from dark sites as well, only allow 3.5nm bandwidth high transmission at a center wavelength. Extremely narrow bandwidth can effectively improve the contrast of the objects, at the same time, it effectively negates the light from other wavebands, especially artificial mercury, and sodium lamps.
All Antlia Narrowband filters edge are blackened. This is critical to minimize stray light for a filter that blocks most light except for the narrow bandpass.
Each filter is individually tested and scanned to ensure that the product meets the highest quality possible. The substrate itself is tested to tolerate to a very high standard of + -0.05mm. By minimizing tolerance of +-0.05mm, all Antlia Filters are parfocal.
SHO Narrowband Filter Performance:
- Ultra-narrow 3.5nm bandwidths, designed for astronomy imaging.
- Suitable for imaging of most emission nebulas, planetary nebulas, and supernova remnants.
- With this HSO-set, you are able to process your images like the ones from the Hubble space telescope.
- With a high transmission of around 88%, the filter gives you an enormous contrast boost.
- This filter does not brighten deep-sky objects, it blocks unwanted light from other wavelengths and highlights the contrast.