Astrodon Mega MOAG Off-Axis Guider
The Mega MOAG Off-Axis Guider by Astrodon:
Astrodon's MOAG (Manual Off-Axis Guider) is a non-moving part of your optical train.
The MegaMOAG is the largest member of the Astrodon off-axis guider product line. It is specifically designed to accommodate the larger CCD detectors (36 x 36 mm), such as the Kodak KAF16803E and KAF9000E used on larger telescopes with 4-inch accessories and extension tubes. It is a 4-inch to 3-inch version of Astrodon's popular MonsterMOAG, where the camera side accepts all 3-inch MonsterMOAG adapters. Furthermore, it retains the thin 1.25-inch back focus of MonsterMOAG, and is an ideal choice for systems having minimal backfocus such astrographs made by PlaneWave Telescopes. It also integrates nicely with the 4-inch systems at the back of larger RC Optical Systems Ritchey-Cretien telescopes.
Astrodon Mega MOAG Off-Axis Guider Goals:
- For largest CCDs (KAF16803, KAF9000)
- Smallest backfocus 1.25-inch
- 4-inch opening on the telescope side
- 3-inch opening on the camera side
- Guide in front of your filters
- More guide stars with unfiltered light
- Guide in the main optical beam
- Avoid differential flexture and cost of guide scope
- Fixed guider position for automated data acquisition
Astrodon Mega MOAG Off-Axis Guider Features:
- Solid body for no flexure for the heaviest cameras
- Helical focuser for easy focusing of guide camera
- Short, manual 1.25-inch camera holder also included
- Additional prism spacers included
- These provide maximum flexibility to come to focus
- 4-inch -24 Male dovetail adapter for telescope side included
- 2.7-inch Female dovetail adapter included
- Female 2.7-inch also has 3-inch Male for CFWs
- Dovetail connectors to align with camera / telescope
- Low reflectivity inner surfaces
- Wide variety of camera side adapters
OPT Product Number: AN-MEMOAG
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.