- Aperture: 406 mm (16")
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Focal Length: 3248mm
- Optical Design: ACF Cassegrain
Meade 16" LX600 ACF Telescope with Starlock & MAX Wedge - DISCONTINUEDThe Meade LX600 is a simple to operate, portable package that makes taking great astrophotos as easy as focusing your camera and opening the shutter. The collection of features and technology integrated into the LX600 is unavailable from any other manufacturer and cannot be duplicated by just attaching a set of add-ons to another scope.
- Starlock: The LX600 integrates a unique star tracking and object finding system into the telescope mount. This integration allows the telescope to center your target perfectly in the field of view. Once centered, the star tracking system communicates directly with the motor drives to automatically assure your scope stays locked onto its target with arcsecond precision. The automated optical tracking system delivers long-exposure guiding with pinpoint stars on astroimages despite misalignments, atmospheric refraction, periodic or other mechanical errors. This level of precision is unobtainable with systems using high precision encoders, software pointing models, large gears or PEC training - and all without the need of an external computer.
- New f/8 Advanced Coma-Free Optical System: Meade has completely redesigned the OTAs with a new mirror mounting and focusing system to achieve zero image-shift and a two-speed microfocuser. The scope features faster f/8 ACF optics giving you pinpoint stars all the way across the field of view.
- Internal Crayford-style 7:1 Focuser: The completely redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift, eliminating the need for a mirror lock and integrates a two-speed microfocuser for quick and easy adjustments.
- Alt/Az Mode: In alt/az mode, the LX600 also makes for the best visual and short exposure experience possible. The LX600 performs LightSwitch fully-automated self alignment. StarLock will put every target dead center in the eyepiece and track with arcsecond accuracy so you can concentrate on the beautiful, wide fields of pinpoint stars created by the superb f/8 ACF optical system.
- Autostar II Controller: Puts over 145,000 objects at your fingertips with the fastest GoTo performance available (8 per second). Or you can control the system from an external computer.
Features Exclusive to the Meade 16" LX600-ACF
- Filtered Cooling Fan: To keep your telescope in thermal equilibrium the optical tube is equipped with a cooling fan as well as a filtered exhaust vent.
Professional-Grade Fork Mount With 11" Gears: The massive 16" LX600 fork system, cast in one continuous piece from one declination housing to the other, includes a total of four 80mm roller bearings in declination (two in each housing)
and two roller bearings in right ascension (one each of 100mm and 150mm bearings in the RA housing). Usage of these precision roller bearings in the telescope's design permits the addition of substantial auxiliary equipment without the risk of strain on the mount. Large DC-servo motor-driven 11" worm gears on both axes yield smooth, precision tracking and slewing required of a professional telescope.
- MAX Wedge: The MAX Wedge was designed using advanced CAD analysis to assure both ease of adjustment and rock solid stability using modern light weight alloys. Attractively finished, all standard field installation and adjustments on the MAX Wedge can be performed with the included tools or using large, easily accessible ergonomic handles and knobs.
- MAX Tripod: The MAX Tripod can be transported or permanently installed. It provides a wide stance to assure that it can safely carry the 16" LX600s payload in all orientations, but still collapses down to a size that is easy to handle. It will even fit in a single vehicle with the rest of your gear.The hinged feet are fitted with built-in anti-vibration pads for the most stable viewing possible.
OPT Product Number: ME-1608-70-02
|Aperture||406 mm (16")|
- 16" LX600 ACF OTA
- LX600 Mount
- MAX Tripod
- MAX Wedge