StarGPS NX for Meade LX200 Telescopes Add GPS to your Meade LX200 Telescopes! Imagine the possiblities if your telescope could access the Global Positioning System... so that it always knew when and where you were observing from. No more checking your watch. No more looking up site coordinates or fiddling with the keypad to enter the date, time, latitude and longitude. StarGPS has solved your problems! It utilizes a single cable to connect your telescope to a GPS receiver smaller than a computer mouse and automatically input these values - making your telescope setup much easier and more precise! StarGPS-NX is a "plug-and-play" solution for use with the Celestron NexStar, Meade Autostar, LX200 Classic, and Losmandy Gemini telescopes. It includes a GPS-NX02 receiver and the proper cable for your telescope. No software is required since the GPS receiver outputs commands and data the telescope already understands. Simply connect the GPS to your telescope, turn on the scope, and watch the GPS LED. The PS/2 plug connects to the GPS. The RJ12 plug connects to the RS232 port on the telescope (for GPS power and data).
Features of the Star GPS Receiver...
- Fast time-to-first-fix and low power consumption
- High performance 65-channel SkyTraq chipset
- Supports standard NMEA-0183, Meade LX200, Celestron NexStar, Synta Binary and Vixen HTTP protocols
- Automatically detects telescope type (Meade, Celestron, Synta, Vixen or none)
- Switches to standard NMEA output after 45 seconds if no telescope is detected
- Lithium cell sustains internal clock and memory (recharges during normal operation)
- LED power indicator blinks to indicate receiver status
- Automatic cold start with no user initialization required