This Third Planet Optics Dual-Speed Linear Focuser for Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes features the most recent innovation in focuser design to hit the astronomy market in recent years. Designed specifically to meet the heavier equipment and stability requirements of astrophotography and heavy eyepieces, the linear stability and repeatable quality of focus reached with this focuser will keep you coming back for more spectacular views of and sharper images of the night sky! By using this 2-inch Crayford SCT focuser in lieu of the telescope's primary mirror, image shifting is completely eliminated. This can be a mere nuisance for casual observers, but is a serious problem for imagers. Built with an innovative stainless steel rail system that provides extended, consistent, and linear contact with the focusing mechanism and the inside of the focuser body, even when the focuser is fully extended. This constant contact prevents slop from building up in the focuser drawtube. The result is zero flexure throughout the focus travel range, even in the worst case scenario when the focuser is parallel to the ground and carrying a heavy load such as a large CCD camera. This new linear bearing rail system also allows for the use of heavier loads up to 9-pounds. A 10:1 fine adjustment knob gives the user superior fine-tuning ability with remarkable stability for an extended period of time. The focuser position can be locked in place with the large thumbscrew on top of the focuser for critical imaging applications. The underside of the focuser features another screw to control the focusing tension. A laser-etched measurement scale in the drawtube helps with consistently rapid focusing. This focuser also has 360-degrees of rotation ability so that it can be turned in any direction for better observing. Attaches to the rear thread of Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes. Custom CNC machined from aluminum and black anodized for superior aesthetics in a dependable and durable unit.
TPO 2-inch Crayford Focuser for Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes Specifications...
- Minimum focuser height without 1.25-inch adapter: 4.65-inches or 118 mm.
- Maximum focuser height without 1.25-inch adapter: 6.65-inches or 169 mm.
- 1.25-inch adapter height: 0.39-inches
- Tube travel length: 2-inches
- Focuser weight with 1.25-inch adapter: 25.6-ounces
- Outside diameter of drawtube: 2.32-inches
- Diameter of focus knob: 1.57-inches
- Diameter of micro-focus knob: 1.06-inches
- Flange thread: Standard SCT female thread (2-inch, 24 TPI)
- Measurement scale on focuser drawtube: Yes
- Rotatable: Yes
- Dust plug: 1.25-inch dust plug included
TPO Product Number: CF-LST