- The Orion UltraBlock is the ideal eyepiece filter for deep-sky observers located at highly light-polluted sites
- Narrowband filter blocks all forms of light pollution
- Enhances the presence of a significant number of fainter deep-sky objects
- Compatible with threaded Orion 2" eyepieces
- Save yourself a trip to dark skies - with the UltraBlock filter you can enjoy the stars from the suburbs!
Orion UltraBlock Narrowband Filter - 2" Round MountedIf you observe from highly light-polluted sites, or if you want the maximum contrast enhancement in observing faint emission nebulas from areas of moderate light pollution, an Orion UltraBlock telescope filter is for you. With an UltraBlock, emission and planetary nebulas are even visible from urban areas, where they are completely invisible without a filter! In darker-sky locations with only moderate light pollution, many objects will appear significantly enhanced over unfiltered and wideband filtered views.
Orion UltraBlock Telescope Filters block all forms of light pollution, including both narrowband mercury- and sodium-vapor lighting and broadband light pollution sources. UltraBlock Filters reject pollution from incandescent and fluorescent lighting, which wideband filters can't stop. Extremely high (99.9%) blocking of critical mercury and sodium emission bands and very high transmission of hydrogen-beta and ionized oxygen wavelengths result in the highest contrast gain of any competing light pollution filter.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.