Orion Collimating Eyepiece for Newtonian Telescopes
The Orion Collimating Eyepiece
Sure, laser collimating devices are great, but one of the most true and time tested methods of collimating a reflector telescope was, is, a probably always will be the Cheshire eyepiece. After all, if your optics aren't aligned, your Newtonian telescope simply won't perform to its full potential. The Orion Collimating Eyepiece is a combination of a sight tube and cheshire eyepiece. The collimating eyepiece assembly consists of a 5" long tube made of black anodized aluminum, which fits directly into a 1.25" focuser. At the top is a peep hole site and wire crosshairs are located at the bottom of the Orion collimating eyepiece tube. This combination enables precise centering of optical components. Inside the Orion 03640 Collimating Eyepiece, a polished 45??? internal surface projects annulus of light into the optical path to facilitate primary mirror alignment.
The Orion Collimating Eyepiece never requires batteries and never needs adjustments. Just follow your telescope manufacturer's instructions for adjustment and your reflector telescope will always be in perfect optical alignment! Instructions included.
The Orion Collimating Eyepiece Features
- Economical collimation tool ensures that your reflector telescope's optics are in precise alignment
- Combination 5" long sight tube and 1.25" Cheshire eyepiece
- For aligning optics of Newtonian reflectors, Dobsonian reflectors, and Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (SCTs)
- Peephole in top and crosshairs at bottom enable precise optical centering
- Compatible with 1.25" telescope focusers or 2" focusers with a step-down adapter for using 1.25" accessories
Orion Product Number: 3640
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.