The Lodestar X2C Autoguider - Color - by Starlight Xpress:
When it comes to the Autoguider market, the Lodestar has long been regarded as the cream of the crop. The creative minds at Starlight Xpress have had a tough time coming up with a way to improve on such a superb product. That changes with the introduction of the Lodestar X2, Starlight Xpress' latest guide camera with the greatest sensitivity yet.
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2C Color Autoguider Features:
The compact Lodestar X2 guide camera is certainly stuffed full of amazing features:
- 1.25-inch diameter allows it to fits easily into your 1.25-inch eyepiece holder with no extra adapters necessary.
- Locate an appropriate guide star using the wide field of view provided due to the Lodestar X2C's ample imaging area (6.45 mm x 4.75 mm)
- With an extraordinary 77-percent QE, and large pixels, the Lodestar X2 just eats up those photons. Finding a guide star becomes an even simpler task when sensitivity is combined with incredibly low noise.
- Full size RJ12 Autoguider Port relegates the need for additional cables to run from your computer to control your mount corrections a thing of the past.
- Don't worry about forgetting to bring an extra power supply with you to your next star party. Your computer's USB port is all you need to power the Lodestar X2C.
- Constructed from solid, condensed aluminum.
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2C Color Autoguider Specifications:
- CCD type: ICX829AL Sony Exview interline CCD with extremely low dark current and vertical anti-blooming
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 8.2 micrometer x 8.4 micrometer, Image format: 752 x 580 pixels
- CCD Image area: 6.4 mm (Horizontal) x 4.75 mm (Vertical)
- CCD quality: Grade 1
- Spectral Response: QE max at 620 nanometers (~77-percent), 45-percent at 400 nm and 770 nm
- Readout Noise: Less than 10 electrons RMS - typically only 6 electrons
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 50,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 1 hour. Less than 0.1 electrons/second at + 10C ambient
- Data format: 16 bits
- System gain: 0.4 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Integrated USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image download time: Usually 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: Operates via USB port
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling
- Size: 86 mm x 32 mm black anodized aluminium barrel with 1-inch x 32-threads/inch DegreesC mount's thread at the CCD window end and input/ output plugs at the rear.
- Weight: approx. 85 g (3 oz).
OPT Product Number: SX-LODESTAR-X2C