ATIK Titan Monochrome CCD Camera
Atik Titan CCD Camera - Sony ICX424 Monochrome Sensor
As a deep sky camera, the Atik Titan has a remarkable 5 electron read-noise in deep sky mode, which is better than many astro-cameras costing thousands of dollars. The low read-noise allows faint detail to be teased out of the Titan's images. The Atik Titan also features advanced cooling for long-exposure imaging.
As a guide camera, the Atik Titan's mix of high sensitivity and high frame rates makes it an ideal high end guide camera. It sports a standard ST-4 type guide socket on the back for direct connection to a mount. Guiding can be performed through Atik's included Capture software or programs like Maxim DL, AstroArt and CCD-Soft.
Also included is "Dawn" - Atik's new image processing software. Like Atik cameras, it was designed from the ground up to be powerful, yet easy to use. It allows a sequence of image processing steps to be represented in the form a a pictorial work-flow which can be created with a few mouse clicks and can be executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.
About the Sony ICX424AL Sensor
This chip features an electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time which makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter. High sensitivity and low dark current are achieved through the adoption of the HAD (Hole- Accumulation Diode) sensors. This chip is suitable for applications such as FA and surveillance cameras.
Sony ICX424AL Sensor Features
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels.
- High vertical resolution (480 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Square pixel
- Supports VGA format
- Horizontal drive frequency: 24.54MHz
- No voltage adjustments (reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted.)
- High resolution, high sensitivity, low dark current
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Low smear
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Horizontal register: 5.0V drive
- 16-pin high precision plastic package (enables dual-surface standard)
- Interline CCD image sensor
- Image size: Diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3)
- Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) x 494 (V) approx. 330K pixels
- Total number of pixels: 692 (H) x 504 (V) approx. 350K pixels
- Chip size: 5.79mm (H) x 4.89mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 7.4 micrometers (H) x 7.4 micrometers (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels - Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16 - Vertical 5
- Substrate material: Silicon
Atik Product Number: A3-TITAN
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hi, I have a few questions about this camera. 1- Can this camera be used with any telescope? 2- Can this camera be used for photometry? 3- Can you use the camera and auto-guiding system at the same time?
This camera can be used with any telescope with a 1.25" focuser as long as 1) the telescope has an accurate tracking motor and 2) the telescope has sufficient back focus to achieve focus with the camera (some H-alpha solar and Newtonian telescopes do not
Hi! Can this camera be used with Hyperstar c8?
Technically, yes, but the body is large enough that it will obstruct the light path on the C8 compared to a camer with a smaller body profile. Atik makes other models that may be a better fit for the Hyperstar. Please contact us and we can get you set u