- A Great 70 mm (2.76-inch) Refractor Telescope
- Quick and easy set-up
- Equatorial Mount is perfect for Night Sky Objects
- Eyepieces and Barlow set
- Erect Image Star Diagonal
Celestron PowerSeeker 70 EQ Telescope
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 70 mm (2.76")
- Focal Length: 700 mm (28")
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 35x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 4 mm (0.16")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 175x
- Finderscope: 5x24
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
- Highest Useful Magnification: 165x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 100x
- Optical Coatings: Multi-Coated
- Barlow Lens: 3x
- Mount Type: Manual German Equatorial
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Software: Starry Night Basic Edition, SkyPortal App
The PowerSeeker 70 EQ Telescope by Celestron is a 70 mm (2.76-inch) aperture Achromatic Refractor telescope on an Equatorial Mount and tripod.
Celestron PowerSeeker telescopes are a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features, and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round, and Celestron's PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for families looking for an affordable and high-quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for children and adults alike.
PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up - even for the novice. Enjoy a tool-free assembly! Their EQ designated models have sturdy equatorial mounts which are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky, and the AZ models have collapsible alt-azimuth mounts that are perfectly suited for terrestrial viewing as well as astronomical use.
All of Celestron's PowerSeekers include an optical set with a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye! PowerSeekers are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity. Erect Image Optics are ideal for both terrestrial and astronomical use.
Locate and identify thousands of celestial objects on your laptop or PC with The Sky - Level 1 Software included FREE with every PowerSeeker model.
Celestron PowerSeeker 70 mm EQ Refractor Telescope Features
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories and added stability to the tripod
- The Sky - Level 1 planetarium software with 10,000 object database and enhanced images
OPT Product Number: CE-21037
Celestron's PowerSeeker 70 mm (2.76-inch) Aperture Achromatic Refractor OTA
- PowerSeeker German Equatorial Mount/ Manual
- PowerSeeker Tripod with Adjustable Aluminum Legs
- 5 x 24 Optical Finder
- Accessory Tray/ Spreader
- Counterweights/ locking
- 1.25-inch Diagonal, Erect Image
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece #1: 20 mm, 35x mag.
- 1.25-inch Eyepiece #2: 4 mm, 175x mag.
- 1.25-inch Barlow Lens: 3x magnification
- TheSky and First Light Software on CD
- 2 Year Telescope Warranty
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Is a wooden tripod an option?
Unfortunately, Celestron does not have an option for wooden legs on this telescope or others in this series.